Friday, September 12, 2008

Why Portland Rocks.

Not to defer from Surfing too much, I just want to give a shout out to P-Town. So I went out last night, the first time in months. We ended up at a club in SE Portland around Burnside and 5th somewhere called "The Bus Depo" or something. Anyway, as I stumbled my way through the crowd of 23 year olds, I realized something. The Fashion in SE is "Whacky" to say the least. I composed a list of a few things you need to be considered cool in SE.
1.) a full sleeve of tattoo's
2.) an old ten-speed bike with razor thin tires
3.) a lesbian friend
4.) become a vegan
5.) Have a Masters degree educated in microbrews.
Anyway, the fashion was awesome, Just plain Goofy. Not pretention, Just Goofy.
The club was playing 40's dance music and everyone was having a good time.
I was mentioning to my friend how if you wanted to dress up fancy and go out, all you have to do is cross the River and go into the Pearl or NW. And even more upscale, go Downtown. We have it all here. What ever mood your in, you can find somewhere in Portland. Not to mention one of the best Music and Beer Scenes in America (not to mention the Surf). Portland rocks.

No comments: